Monday, February 20, 2017

What a bad Yuneec customer service

Yuneec Typhoon H

I am an experienced pilot, both full-size fixed- and rotary-wing and RC. This Yuneec Typhoon Q500 flies wonderfully, both with and without GPS lock, and functions as advertised EXCEPT: BE ADVISED YOU CANNOT CONTROL A GOPRO WITH THIS UNIT.

Took a 30-minute phone call with Yuneec to even determine this, because it’s not documented at all.

In addition, there were missing parts (no SD card in the package) and even after the phone call to Yuneec, and after they told me they would send me the card, nothing happened. I also ‘ordered’ the 4K camera to mount on the hard point, so as to ‘convert’ my unit to the Typhoon quadcopter, but apparently my order got lost by the tech I spoke with and ten days later I still have that crappy GoPro gimbal, which itself doesn’t hold camera steady under ANY conditions.

Disappointed…

Later,I heard so many complaints about Yuneec customer service, just one example here.

“I elected to go with Yuneec because of the customer service reputation.I was very pleased with the Yuneec Typhoon quadcopter, so much so that I purchased another Yuneec drone as backup should anything go wrong.

It did, big style. First I installed the camera off the new one to test it out and the copter behaved independently crashing and breaking one side of the slide mount off the gimbal.

I ran the GUI and everything checked out. So, the next flight it again goes off at a tangent and took a notion to take a swim and drowned. It behaved as if a rotor was missing but I could see that all were still in place so I am guessing a motor packed up.I’m wary of using the new one until I can determine what actually happened.

Yuneec promised to send a new one or replace at a “deep discount” dependent on the cause.Now they say the telemetry files are unreadable (I can read them????)They also promised to email me a return form to have the second camera (the first is still with the fish) repaired.

The Yuneec return form email promise was over a week ago.The post office would have been quicker i am sure. Beginning to think my desire to obtain an Yuneec drone Typhoon H is not a good idea after all.”

Yuneec customer service and warranty are a joke.

The post What a bad Yuneec customer service appeared first on Drone Inner.

No comments:

Post a Comment