Sunday, February 26, 2017

My two Yuneec Typhoon G crashed for no reason

Yuneec Typhoon G

I do not want to write negative reviews to be honest. I do understand that it do effect the way you make a decision. But this is the reason we need to write the truth here.

Every time I see the drone fly free in the sky, I dream of having my own drone and flying it proudly. I read a lot of reviews online and watched a lot of videos. The Yuneec Typhoon G came to my choice finally based on the strong recommendations from my one of friend who owned a Yuneec Typhoon H. He convinced me of purchasing the Yuneec Typhoon G as it is easy to start with and can fly with my Gopro 4.That’s great! I made the choice happily.

I unboxed the Yuneec Typhoon G carefully, checked the parts I received and I started my first flight after everything was great. I turned on the Typhoon G and remote controller. I was studying and tried to get to know more about this unit. Then I smelt something uncomfortable. I looked around but couldn’t find anything wrong. I then touched the Typhoon G accidently and was shocked. The Typhoon G was badly overheated and emitted a burning smell when I hadn’t even flown it at all. I turned it off and called the support immediately. I was recommended to send it back for test. I was not so happy about that but still looking forward to receiving it very soon with my friend’s comfort.

A week later, I heard from Yuneec support and they agreed to exchange a brand new Yuneec Typhoon G for me. I was so happy and thought that’s why my friend recommended Yuneec.

The exchanged unit worked great at first. I thought I got the hang of it and purchased a lot of accessories from Yuneec just to have my Gopro 4 fly with it. However, that was when the nightmare began.

With the live video feed, I could see that the gimbal shaking like crazy. I was afraid that it might be too loose that it just dropped off my GoPro 4. I landed it immediately and try to reinstall my GoPro. It worked better later after I reinstalled but the footage was still shaky. However, when it was about 100 meters away from me, I received a warning that the WIFI signal is weak. It lost the signal after that and the screen went to black. I landed it, checked all the connections and rebooted later. Everything worked correctly at first even the live HD video was not that clear. However, 7 minutes later, it started to float when I did nothing to it. Shouldn’t it hover there? I tried to stop it but my trials were in vain. It floated towards a tree, stroke to the tree and hanged there finally. My Gopro 4 got broken. The gimbal wasn’t able to hold it firmly and it just dropped off from the tree.

I was requested to send it to Yuneec support. However, I’m hesitating as I didn’t just want to fly it at all, I hope to do aerial photography.

The post My two Yuneec Typhoon G crashed for no reason appeared first on Drone Inner.

No comments:

Post a Comment