Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Major causes of Yuneec Breeze indoor crashes…

Yuneec Breeze

Scan the Yuneec Breeze forums to discover Breeze drone crashed every now and then, especially indoors. What’s the major causes of indoor crashes?Let’s see the two stories firstly.

“I had several crashes indoor, I would say out of 8 flights the Yuneec Breeze went drifting and ignoring my command 6 times. I could catch her a few times then shutting off, but I got my piano and some probs damaged.

It is certainly an issue with the optical flow sensor or some similar sensor. When the drone flies over a carpet, my black or my grey couch I noticed slow response to my commands. The Breeze drone starts drifting. In two cases, after a short side drift, it went crazily fast to one direction until it crashed (the motors are switched off then).

Please be very careful indoors. At the moment I cannot recommend the Yuneec Breeze indoors. Even an experienced pilot can’t do anything as the drone ignores all commands from my phone in these cases (except emergency shutdown). Low light conditions seem to have a big impact on the sensor.

Yuneec should provide a manual control mode to fly the drone without the optical sensors or just let the pilot override the automatic reactions. Until then I’ll stay outside.”

“Indoor light can be insufficient for the infrared sensors to gauge height. I cannot use the Yuneec Breeze in my studio indoors as I have a dark floor and it cannot map a thing. I have to place a piece of paper under it to get the flow sensor working to take off. Once in the air, it was not good and did do things on its own. This time I was prepared and managed to not crash like the first time I tried this same scenario. My house there is no problem during the day because I get natural light from windows.

I purchased the controller. It’s good and gets you back to being the pilot not a swiping fiddling fool.

The headset is useless for flying as the latency is too nutty for me. I may try it again in a more open space but my FPV needs to be real time. The larger phones are great for the controller and I’m very happy with touch controls for camera being separate from sticks. The tilt has a trim on the dpad that makes it actually work smoothly. It is now a very reliable quick pop up and grab a shot tool. 8 mins is about right for the battery. Battery times are always over stated by everyone in this biz.”

I think the major causes of indoor crashes are:

1. Flying over counters, couches, chairs will throw off the ground distance sensor.
2. Flying with GPS “on” indoors
3. Lots of wifi signals in the area, condos especially
4. Poor piloting

 

 

The post Major causes of Yuneec Breeze indoor crashes… appeared first on Drone Inner.

No comments:

Post a Comment