Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Hope this helps anyone looking for Dobby samples

Zerotech Dobby

The compact Dobby‘s low price makes it hard to ignore, even if it is a light-duty device.

I have had this toy for a few days, I took it recently for a trip to Guatemala, what a joy it is, so small, in fits in my small camera bag, If a lens fits there, then the Dobby drone fits there also. It works quite good with my cell phone, although the range is not that good because it only uses WIFI , but so far I have really enjoyed it, easy to fly, decent quality photo, ok video.

One asked me some questions about the Dobby after I posted my images on the forums.

“Do the Android or OS WiFi apps work on a tablet as well as a phone?

Judging by the smooth waters, the sky above Atitlan must have been windless on the morning you shot the sample pictures. How would it fare in a breeze or >10mph wind?

How easy to navigate back to the dock? Had you selected “go home” would it return safely or possibly plunk into the water right next to the point of departure?  If you tell it to track you, would it follow you back to shore without getting lost?

Is the video mode impaired by motor vibrations as well as by tiny sensor?

What sort of battery life? 5 minutes?

Would you dare (or be allowed) to fly it above Tikal, Chichicastenango on market day, or Antigua? I imagine the local police, cacique, or archaeological custodian expects a fee or propina for usage.

When you try to check-in at an airport, is there any hesitation that the inspectors might seize it because it has an Li-ion battery?  This risk might also apply to high-end drones, in which case the low cost of the Dobby gives some relief, so long as one does not also lose the memory card with images too.”

Below are my answers.

“For photography is good, for video it is not.

it only works on WIFI, it does not come with a controller. I have tested with phone and tablet (both android) – works fine. However, WIFI has its limitations of distance and I do not push it… no risks for me.

It fairs okay in wind, however batteries last less. It is a very noisy drone. For photos, remember I said that for video it is no good – jello galore.

Zerotech has not perfected software, it needs 8 satellites minimum to start up, and if it looses GPS and you are high up, you are doomed.

Battery life is 5-8 minutes, depending on :

a) wind  b)If stabilizer for camera is on  c) temperature.

Would I use it in Tikal ? in a heartbeat if allowed.

Would I use it in market day ? no, for several reasons: a) put people in risk  b) I do not want to get clinched  c) I do not want my drone stolen etc etc.

In the airport they don’t even acknowledge my Dobby, it fits in my camera bag, batteries look good/small – no wires hanging.

I do not use return to home, follow me or stuff like that, I fly up take the pictures and land, its a flying camera for me.”

Hope this helps anyone looking for a Dobby or Dobby sample pictures.
Dobby
Dobby image
Dobby image
Dobby image
Dobby image
Dobby image

 

The post Hope this helps anyone looking for Dobby samples appeared first on Drone Inner.

No comments:

Post a Comment