Monday, February 20, 2017

Yuneec Breeze indoor and outdoor flight test

Yuneec Breeze

Just got my Yuneec Breeze not long ago, decided to test it out inside because weather outside was crap. Followed all the instructions on how to fly in doors, checked the firmware it was up to date and turned GPS off. Everything went accordingly, it hovered at three feet, the wind from the blades caused it to move side to side which was expected. I raised it to about five feet and it became more staple in the air as it hovered. I toggled the camera, I took a picture and viewed it while it hovered. Then it beeped, flew straight up to the ceiling, popped two guards off and vigorously circled the ceiling while bouncing. I tried throttle down but it wasn’t communicating, then it beeped again and just dropped nine feet to the floor. The phone display IPS failure which I assume shut off the drone. I examined the Yuneec Breeze no cracks, three blades are ruined, the GPS cover popped off. I pulled the battery out for awhile and put it back together and powered it up. GPS was showing 15, the drone lights was showing green on the wing and full blue at the back but the IPS was orange on the phone and the camera is working fine. I checked the flight log and it show 3 minutes and 30 seconds, changed the blades but I’m scared to test it again. When I tested inside there is lots of room, good lighting, pine floors and only a couch for an obstacle.

I replaced the damage blades and took my Yuneec Breeze outside the other day. I kept it at a safe flying height, just to test if everything is in good working order. I ran the first battery that was originally used and just hovered at five feet to see if it would reproduce warnings. The second battery. I played with it, moved foward/back and side to side no issues. I’m thinking because indoors, with Wi-Fi on all the devices and three cell phones. I’m wondering if by chance there was some communication disruption. It still doesn’t explain while hovering it beeped and had a radical behavior of its own. I’m just happy it fly’s and not happy looking for replacement blades because no one carries them and I have to order them.

Alright. Took the Breeze drone to work yesterday, large indoor space (warehouse) empty and the only obstacles are four pillars. I haven’t been able to try any other features with the app because I’m always in no GPS mode and the images it took looked great because of the no wind environment. Again I set all the settings of the app to their lowest, recalibrated the Yuneec Breeze at five feet and gave it a whirl. I figured nothing could possibly go wrong, I tested its limitations stop height at 9.8 feet.. it didn’t stop, distance 30 feet… it stopped and became uncontrollable just hovered. So I walked towards it to gain control again, no response.. question is 30 feet my wifi limit or was it doing what it’s suppose to do without GPS landed and shut off. I did however charged both batteries, noticed the actual flight time wasn’t what I expected and it seemed I only got about eight minutes per battery. I am defiantly ordering the controller, I find using the cell phone my fingers are too big, I noticed the Yuneec Breeze drone simulate two motions when controlling it and the response time was almost precise to the action of my movement on the phone. I guess you can say I’m very cautious with this drone, I’ve seen a few videos of Breeze’s acting on its own or maybe issues of inexperience pilots smashing into objects, who can’t blame themselves and I will be honest when I say my first crash was not human error it was just hovering. I guess i have a few more months to properly learn how to control this drone in a safe environment until winter is over and the fun really begins.

 

 

 

The post Yuneec Breeze indoor and outdoor flight test appeared first on Drone Inner.

No comments:

Post a Comment