Thursday, February 16, 2017

I tested the Karma Grip, the GoPro stabilizer

GoPro Karma grip gimbal

I tested the Karma Grip during a day of skiing. I initially made a grip in the hotel room to test the functions and then I used the Karma Grip on the ski slopes: by filming camera by hand and hanging the stabilizer On the GoPro Seeker backpack. I also compare two images filmed at the same time: one with the Karma Grip and the other without.

The result is unmistakable: the film is extremely stable and the difference in picture quality between a stabilized video and a non-stabilized video is enormous.

Otherwise, I saw in a video that the brushless motors were noisy to the point of hampering the sound.

The announced autonomy of 1:45 seems perfectly accurate. At the end of the day, I had only one level used that the 4 that the stabilizer has.

The Karma Grip is sold for $372.
GoPro bag

Accessories to go further

• Remote: This is the waterproof remote control for the HERO5 Black and the HERO5 Session ™. Very useful for starting and stopping recording or taking pictures when the stabilizer is on a headphone for example. Its price: $96. Accessory that greatly improves the comfort of shooting.

• Karma Grip Extension Cable: The Karma Grip handle can interfere, for example, by attaching the Karma Grip to the torso or to a helmet. GoPro had the good idea to propose this extension cable to connect the handle and the stabilizer. The handle can then be attached to a strap or stored in a backpack pocket. The accessory is not yet for sale. As soon as it is released, I buy it because this accessory seems to me indispensable for filming.

• Seeker backpack: This is the GoPro backpack designed for GoPro cameras: chest attachment (Hero5 Black), shoulder strap and numerous camera storage. Its price: $201. If your backpack satisfies you, go for a Capture shoulder or Capture Pro Peak Design and its GoPro adapter. This is what I use to hang my GoPro on my hiking backpacks.

• Supercharger: allows simultaneous charging of two GoPro devices worldwide and up to 20% faster for HERO5 Black and HERO5 Session, up to 45% faster Dual Battery Charger (HERO5 Black) and up to 45% faster ‘To 70% faster the Karma Grip thanks to the USB-C 3 A cable included. Price: $58.

The Karma Grip is a super efficient stabilizer and really easy to handle. Undeniably, GoPro makes it possible for everyone to make videos stabilized excellent qualities. But as we always want more, I would have liked a waterproof stabilizer with some additional functions like the automatic tracking of a subject or the programming of a timelapse in motion.

 

The post I tested the Karma Grip, the GoPro stabilizer appeared first on Drone Inner.

No comments:

Post a Comment